University of Birmingham
About Uni of Birmingham
Uni of Birmingham have been welcoming international students since 1900 - and with almost 5,000 international students from over 150 different countries. Birmingham has been challenging and developing great minds for more than a century. Characterised by a tradition of innovation, research at the University has broken new ground, pushed forward the boundaries of knowledge and made an impact on people’s lives.
The Uni now has one of the largest and most vibrant international student communities in the UK. The University's 250 acre campus was recently listed in the top ten most beautiful universities in Britain by The Telegraph. It is a campus that is expanding and improving all the time with our most recent investments being in the planned building of a brand new multi-million pound sports centre, a redevelopred library with a cultural hub and a brand new student hubhoused in the iconic Aston Webb building.
We pride ourselves on offering the highest-quality experience in both your academic and student life. You’ll be joining a leading university community, working alongside academics who are global experts in their field. We’ll guide you towards self study, encouraging and emphasising the importance of originality and independent thinking.The Uni continue this tradition today and have ambitions for a future that will embed our work and recognition of the Birmingham name on the international stage.
Why choose Birmingham?
Students at the University of Birmingham are only a seven minute train journey (from their own campus train station) to the centre of one the most exciting cities in the country.
- The University of Birmingham was established by Queen Victoria by Royal Charter in 1900 and was the UK’s first civic or 'redbrick' university
- Today Uni of Birmingham have one of the largest international student communities in the UK with over 5,000 students from more than 150 countries worldwide currently studying with the Uni.
- QS World University Rankings
Birmingham is 64th in 2015 QS World University Rankings, cementing our position in the top 100 universities globally and placing us 11th out of the 24 Russell Group universities to feature in the ranking.
In The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015, Birmingham is ranked 15th out of 121 universities surveyed and was also awarded University of the Year 2013-2014.
|Complete University Guide league table for 2015 - Academic Subject Top 10||Ranking|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||1|
|History of Art, Architecture and Design||3|
|Physics and Astronomy||6|
|Drama, dance and cinematics Archaeology||9|
Department of Studies
The University of Birmingham is structured into Five colleges, each of which is divided into a number of schools and departments.
The Five colleges are –
- Arts and Law
- Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Life and Environmental Sciences
- Medical and Dental Sciences
- Social Sciences
Popular program : Law, Business, Medicine, Engineering : The Law program in Birmingham is one of the UK Uni that is recognised in Singapore
Foudation studies in Birmingham Foundation Academy (BFA)
Our Birmingham Foundation Academy (BFA) combines the highest standards of one of Britain’s leading global universities with a fully integrated student experience. Designed for international students who require a preparatory year prior to UK undergraduate study, the foundation programme is equivalent in learning to year 13 of the UK education system. Successful completion of the foundation year will also guarantee you progression onto your chosen degree.
The BFA will ensure you're fully prepared for your undergraduate programme, immersing you in the university environment and giving you dedicated support in your first year in the UK.
You'll be part of a global community, living and learning at the heart of our campus, and studying with world-leading academics.
If you're highly motivated and have an excellent academic record, the BFA is your pathway to successful undergraduate study at Birmingham or other top UK universities.
Birmingham Foundation Academy offers three undergraduate pathways, allowing you to complete a foundation year before entering into a full time undergraduate degree in a broad range of subjects.
The three pathways are:
- Arts, Social Sciences, Business and Law Pathway
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Pathway
- Medical, Life and Geo Sciences Pathway
What makes a Birmingham student special?
With appropriate support from academic staff, the learning culture at Birmingham encourages students to:
- Engage with complex, challenging problems and real-world issues
- Proactively use a range of resources to address problems, construct solutions and answers, identify new questions and create new knowledge
- Question, reason, and think critically about what they see, hear and feel; weighing up evidence and the opinions of others and reaching their own conclusions
- Reflect constructively on their own learning, not least through use of feedback
- Share their knowledge and experience with fellow students and staff
- Manage their individual and collaborative learning processes well
- Understand and communicate effectively with individuals from differing backgrounds and perspectives
- Be equipped through their learning, skills and personal development for the demands of the careers to which they aspire
- Enjoy their learning, making it rewarding and fun
- Make a difference
Biological/Biomedical Science & Biotechnology
- Biochemistry (Genetics) BSc
- Biochemistry BSc (Hons)
- Biochemistry with Biotechnology BSc (Hons)
- Biochemistry with Molecular Cell Biology BSc (Hons)
- Biological Sciences (Biotechnology) BSc (Hons)
- Business Management, Civil Engineering with BEng
- Economics BSc
- Economics MSc
Education & Training
- BA Education (Hons)
- Education and Sociology BA (Hons)
- Chemical Engineering with Foundation Year
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Year
- Accounting and Finance BSc
- Accounting and Finance, International MSc
- Accounting PhD/MPhil/MSc (Research)
- Banking and Finance, Money and, BSc
- Financial Management MSc
- Computer Science/Software Engineering MEng
- Computer Systems Engineering with Business Management BEng
- Aesthetic Dentistry
- Law LLB
Media & Communication
- Film and Television: Research and Production MA
- Advanced Computer Science Masters/MSc
UK Education offers independent thinking, give you the freedom to develop your ideas, make discoveries and develop real skills that employers are looking for. UK has produced more than 100 Nobel Prize winners, a testimonial that UK graduates are at the forefront of the creative and research industries With many renowned ancient Universities such Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, UK is one of the most popular destination for further education for students all over the world.
eMeet Uni of Birmingham@SG
- Friday, 3rd December 2021
- 321 Orchard Rd Level 7 Orchard Shopping Centre Next to 313 SomersetLevel 7 Orchard Shopping Centre, 321 Orchard Rd Next to 313 Somerset MRT Exit B, Singapore 238866
Meet up with Into US !!!
Come and meet Staff from Int'l Office of INTO US in Singapore!!!
Learning more on:
- Amazing University Life in USA
- Entry Requirement
- Credit Transfer
- Securing University Accommodation
- Application procedure & Scholarships
Pre-Register Now to enjoy a Free 30 min session with our counsellor!!!
*For further information or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.*