MPW is one of the UK's best known independent A Level college groups with colleges in London, Birmingham and Cambridge. Founded in London in 1973 by three Cambridge University graduates, MPW teaches 950 students on roll each year, of which approximately two thirds are British, one third international. An additional 1,300 mostly UK-based students enrol each year on Easter Revision courses
The MPW Method
MPW’s reputation is based on its student-centred, hands-on and exam-focused programmes, its broad and highly flexible curriculum, low class sizes, strong pastoral support and renowned university placement assistance. Each college within the MPW Group employs a common methodology that underpins our approach to teaching and learning:
- There is an absolute maximum class size of eight in any one class
- Tutors are highly qualified to first or doctoral level and many are A level or GCSE examiners for the subjects that they teach
- MPW produces its own printed course materials for all major subjects
- There is a broad range of over 40 A levels subjects from which to choose. These may be studied over durations ranging from one term to two years in any combination to suit the individual student
- All courses are underpinned by a strong exam practice component from the outset. There are monthly revision tests taken in all subjects at every level. And, in the final year during which examinations are sat, there are additional weekly timed assignments - all taken under supervised exam conditions
- At MPW there is an unusually detailed progress reporting to parents. Test and homework results are available throughout a student’s course on the parent intranet, and as well as regular parent evenings there are detailed written reports on each subject five times per year
- Central to MPW’s methodology is respect for students as young adults. We insist on strict punctuality in the attendance of lessons and the submission of assignments but are otherwise free of many of the traditional school rules which teenagers often find restrictive. Tutors and students are on first name terms and we aspire to create an enjoyable, socially relaxed atmosphere in which students enjoy coming to college and working hard.
- Two-year A level courses for students who want to apply to the top UK universities. Students normally study 4 AS courses in year 1, and 3 A2 courses in year 2.
- 18-month A level courses for students who want to apply to the top UK universities. Students normally study 3 A level courses over the period of the course, with an extra AS level as the fourth subject, usually in year 2.
- One-year A level courses for students who want to transfer from other examination systems (for example, as an IBDP to A level conversion course), or who want to improve on previous A level grades in order to apply to the top UK universities.
- One-year Art pre-Foundation courses (MPW London) for students who wish to study Art, Design, Fashion or Photography at university in the UK. Students choose three subjects from: Fine Art, Textiles and Fashion, Ceramics, Photography and History of Art; and English (IELTS) for one year, and also receive specialist help on portfolio and interview preparation.
- Students who wish to follow an A level programme, but whose English or academic background is not yet of the required standard can add a third 'pre-A level' year during which they will study English and some AS or GCSE courses.
- A levels
UK Education offers independent thinking, give you the freedom to develop your ideas, make discoveries and develop real skills that employers are looking for. UK has produced more than 100 Nobel Prize winners, a testimonial that UK graduates are at the forefront of the creative and research industries With many renowned ancient Universities such Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, UK is one of the most popular destination for further education for students all over the world.
Meet MPW @ eFair
- Friday, 3rd September 2021
- Level 7 Orchard Shopping Centre, 321 Orchard Rd Next to 313 Somerset MRT Exit B, Singapore 238866
Meet up with MPW College, UK !!!
Come and meet Pete Fiaschi from Int'l Office of MPW College in SG!!!
Learning more on:
- Amazing College Life in MPW
- Entry Requirement
- Credit Transfer
- Securing University Accommodation
- Application procedure & Scholarships
Pre-Register Now to enjoy a Free 30 min session with our counsellor!!!
*For further information or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.*