What is a Foundation Course
A fast track 9-12 month program to prepare students for entry into Universities.
The Foundation course is a streamlined intensive 5 to 12 months University preparatory course catered to specialized subject routes such as Business, Engineering, Sciences, Law, Art & Design, Humanities, Information Technology etc. Each Foundation course is carefully designed to focus on the relevant academic areas that you wish to pursue in the University. You will only study the relevant subjects so that you can focus on the essential skills
Advantages of a Foundation Program?
- Shorter period of study – entry into University 1 or 2 years ahead of your peers
- Fast track to prestigious Universities
- Study only the relevant subjects
Restrictions of a Foundation Program?
- Restricted to options within University Subject Area (not possible to use a Business Foundation to apply for an Engineering course)
- Progression generally confined to Foundation University Partners (subject to some flexibility through the UCAS application)
Who Should Apply for a Foundation Program?
- Secondary 4 Express students / Secondary 5 Normal students and IGCSE students
- A Level graduates looking to improve their choice of universities or course E.g. Students aiming for a Law Degree
Different Types of Foundation Providers
Foundation Programs Provided in Colleges
- Smaller classes
- No particular affiliation to Universities
- Pastoral care
Foundation Programs Provided in Universities
- Conducted on the University's premises
- Partnership with the University
- Use of the University's facilities
- Accommodation in the University
205 Courses Found
University of Birmingham
About Uni of Birmingham Uni of Birmingham have been welcoming international students since 1900 - and with almost 5,000 international students from over 150 different countries. Birmingham has been challenging and developing great [...]
- Chemical Engineering with Foundation Year
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Year More...
Durham is a World-Class university with a long history of welcoming students and academics from all over the globe. Our many collaborative partnerships with international universities allow us to share knowledge and promote inter-cultural learning, ensuring that our graduates are in high demand on the global stage. [...]
- LLB Law with Foundation More...
University of Leicester
We think a university should be about empowering people to explore; through passionate, dedicated teaching and innovative, world-changing research. By embracing the fact that every journey is personal, the University of Leicester has achieved some remarkable results. In 2016, Leicester was ranked among the top 1% of [...]
- ISC Foundation in Economics and Management
- ISC Foundation in Engineering and Technology
- ISC Foundation in Society and Culture
- ISC Foundation in Science More...
Royal Holloway, University of London
Royal Holloway is one of the Colleges under the University of London. It has 8,500 students and its international students come from 130 countries. Royal Holloway has a very large campus which sits on 135 acres of land, is recognised as one of the most magnificent [...]
- ISC Foundation in Arts
- ISC Foundation in Business Studies
- ISC Foundation in Economics
- ISC Foundation in Sciences More...
The university's main campus is in the Leicestershire town of Loughborough and it includes academic departments, halls of residence, the Students' Union, two gyms, gardens and playing fields. Loughborough ranks particularly highly for engineering and technology and is noted for its sports-related courses and achievements.Teaching at Loughborough University has consistently [...]
- Aeronautical Engineering with a Foundation Year
- Automative Engineering with a Foundation Year
- Chemical Engineering with a Foundation Year
- Chemistry with a Foundation Year More...
Special 6,000 pounds bursary for Sept 16 intake foundation students. Limited spaces, please call 61009800 for enquiry Bellerbys College is renowned for providing courses that are specifically tailored to the needs for international students. With 50 years of history, Bellerbys College provides the highly acclaimed [...]
- Business, Finance and Management Foundation
- Law Foundation
- Engineering Foundation
- Humanities Foundation More...
University of Exeter
The University of Exeter was founded in 1955 and has over 70,000 alumni. The University has 3 campuses: the Streatham campus, the St Luke's campus and the Cornwall campus. Over GBP 350 million has been spent on improving the 3 campuses. [...]
- INTO Foundation in Humanities, Law and Social Sciences
- INTO Foundation in Economics, Finance and Management
- INTO Foundation in Engineering, Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- INTO Foundation in Biomedical, Life and Environmental Sciences More...
Newcastle University is one of the Founding member of Russell Group of Universities. The University is in the forefront of research in many areas such as Marine Engineering, Architecture, Biomedical and many others. The University is consistently ranked in the Top 25 Unis in the UK and [...]
- INTO Foundation in Architecture
- INTO Foundation in Business and Management
- INTO Foundation in Humanities and Social Sciences
- INTO Foundation in Biological and Biomedical Sciences More...
INTO UK Universities Partnership
INTO is a rapidly growing network of university-based study centres, offering new and higher quality standards of preparation for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the UK. INTO [...]
- INTO U of Exeter - Foundation in Economics, Finance & Management
- INTO U of Exeter - Foundation in Humanities, Law & Social Science
- INTO U of Exeter - Foundation in Engineering, Mathematics & Physical Science
- INTO Manchester - Foundation in Business, Law and Humanities More...
University of Southampton
The University of Southampton combines academic excellence with an innovative and entrepreneurial approach to research, supporting a culture that engages and challenges students and staff in their pursuit of learning The University of Southampton is already one of the Top 14 [...]
- Foundation Year Engineering/Physics/Geophysics
- Foundation Year Science More...
City University London
City University London is also known as City University in the UK. Cass Business School is one of the most prestigious and highly selective business schools worldwide. Based in Central London, City is the sixth most popular university in the UK for student applications. The university has a research [...]
- INTO Foundation in Business, Humanities & Social Science
- INTO Foundation in Engineering Computer Sciences & Mathematics More...
Our approach As individual as the students we teach At Astrum we are proud that our schools and colleges are all different, so you can choose the learning environment that is right for you. We encourage our students to be individuals, to think both critically and differently, [...]
- International Foundation More...
Kaplan Intl Colleges (UK)
Kaplan International Colleges (KIC) works in partnership with leading universities to prepare international students for studying a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the UK. Kaplan run international colleges in partnership with the following universities University of York
- Foundation Cert Business, Law and Social Sciences (Liverpool)
- Foundation Cert Science and Engineering (Liverpool)
- Foundation Certificate in Business, Law and Social Sciences (Birmingham)
- Foundation Certificate in Science and Engineering (Birmingham) More...
KIC-Pathway to U of Birmingham
KIC London: Assured Pathway to the University of Birmingham The University of Birmingham is pleased to offer KIC London students progression to a large number of undergraduate degrees in a wide range of subjects. The University of Birmingham has an exceptional [...]
- Foundation Certificate in Business
- Foundation Certificate in Law and Social Sciences More...
University of Glasgow
Study at the University of Glasgow Founded in 1451, is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world.The University of Glasgow has almost 25,000 students from 130 countries and is well known for providing students with the skills, knowledge and professional connections needed to reach their academic potential. [...]
- Foundation Certificate in Business
- Foundation Certificate in Engineering
- Foundation Certificate in Science
- Foundation Certificate in Social Science More...
Heriot-Watt (HWU) University is a key institution in a major international city, making an important contribution to Edinburgh's world reputation for education, business and research. It is one of the Top 3 University in Edinburgh and studying at Heriot-Watt will allow you to realise the benefits of living in a [...]
- ISC Undergraduate Cert in Accountacy and Business Law
- ISC Undergraduate Cert in Accountancy and Finance
- ISC Undergraduate Cert in Business and Finance
- ISC Undergraduate Cert in Economics More...
Since our foundation in 1952, we have grown into one of the most innovative and successful independent education providers in Britain. CATS College offers high school programmes at four exceptional sites, at Cambridge, Canterbury and London in the UK and at Boston in the USA. CATS College achieves [...]
- University Foundation More...
Glasgow Caledonian University
Glasgow Caledonian University, has over the past ten years, become one of the largest universities in Scotland with over 15,000 students. It is a state University funded by the government. [...]
- INTO Foundation in Humanities, Law & Social Science
- INTO Foundation in Engineering, Mathematics & Physical Science
- INTO Foundation in Science More...
Queen\'s University Belfast
Going all the way back to 1845, Queen's University Belfast is the ninth oldest university in the United Kingdom and has a legacy of over 150 years. It has more than 17,000 students, of which about 1,200 are international students coming from over 70 countries. During its Centenary celebrations in 2008, [...]
- INTO Foundation in Business, Humanities & Social Sciences
- INTO Foundation in Engineering & Science More...
Study Group International Study Centre
Study Group International Study Centre partners with UK Universities for Foundation, International Year One, and Pre-Masters at the various International Study Centres located mainly on University Campus. Each International Study Centre (ISC) is based on the campus of our partner university. The ISCs offer specialist preparation for a broad range [...]
- Foundation in Business, Management and Law | Kingston Uni ISC
- Foundation in Science, Engineering and Computing | Kingston Uni ISC
- Foundation in Engineering and Computing | Lancaster Uni ISC
- Foundation in Engineering and Computing | Lancaster Uni ISC More...
University of East Anglia, Norwich
The University of East Anglia (UEA) is an internationally renowned university based in a campus that provides top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 13,000 students. UEA is a World top 150 university (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2011-2012) UEA [...]
- INTO Foundation in Business & Economics
- INTO Foundation in Computing with Business
- INTO Foundation in Humanities & Law
- INTO Foundation in Mathematics & Actuarial Sciences More...
London FoundationCampus (UOL)
London FoundationCampus Partners in UK The London FoundationCampus offers an aspirational and maturing environment for international students and aims to challenge you into developing the personal attributes demanded by internationally renonwed research-led University of London colleges. There are five University of London partners currently in the [...]
- Foundation Pathway in Business, Economics, Finance & Management
- Foundation Pathway in Law, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Foundation Pathway in Engineering & Sciences
- Foundation Pathway in Life Sciences More...
Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts
Who we are Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts is a specialist creative arts institution offering high quality learning and teaching in the heart of Cambridge, one of the most historic cities [...]
- Music Foundation
- Drama Foundation More...
University of Western Australia / Taylor College
The Foundation Year for the University of Western Australia, which is taught exclusively by Taylors College on behalf of the University, has been specifically developed to prepare international students for entry into undergarduate courses at the University of Western Australia and at other univerities around Australia. Taylors [...]
- University of Western Australia Foundation Year More...
The ANU College Foundation Studies offers a bridging pathway into Australia National University (ANU), one of Australia best known and leading University The Foundation program based on ANU Campus, has been designed to provide students with the appropriate academic preparation for their intended ANU [...]
- ANU Foundation Studies More...
Sydney is one of the [...]
- Transition Program - 4 months
- Standard Foundation Program - 9 months
- Standard Plus Foundation Program - 12 months More...
University of Sydney / Taylor College
The University of Sydney Foundation Program has been specifically developed to prepare international students for entry into undergraduate courses at the University of Sydney and at other universities around Australia. The course is taught exclusively by Taylors College on behalf on the University. Following successful completion of Foundation Program at Taylors [...]
- University of Sydney Foundation Program More...
Uni of Adelaide College
Uni of Adelaide College provides International students with a pathway to undergraduate studies at the University of Adelaide – one of Australia’s prestigious ‘Group of Eight’ universities. The College is located in City Centre of Adelaide, South Australia and enrols approximately 600 students from local and internatioanl students. [...]
- Foundation Studies More...
Eynesbury College is the largest international college in South Australia. It is the exclusive provider of the South Australian universities’ Foundation Studies Program and offers Senior High School (Years 10, 11 and 12) and English language programs (ELICOS). As an academically oriented senior secondary college with local and international students, [...]
- University Foundation Program
- Years 10,11, 12 Senior Secondary More...
Taylor College / AUT
Auckland is the largest city in New Zealand, with a population of more than one million people. International students are an established and welcome part of Auckland’s population and lifestyle. As a modern city surrounded by subtropical islands, Auckland’s lifestyle [...]
- Taylors Auckland Foundation Year More...
Taylors College / UOA
The University of Auckland was established in 1883 and is New Zealand’s largest university. It is an international centre of learning and academic excellence. The University is located in the heart of Auckland and provides an exciting and stimulating environment for 26,000 students. The University’s comprehensive range of research-based study [...]
- Taylors Auckland Foundation Year