Academic Colleges Group
ACG is a leading independent provider of educational services providing a range of programmes for:
- Pre-school/Kindergarten, primary, middle and senior school education,
- English language courses, and
- University Foundation Studies for the University of Auckland and AUT University
ACG Schools and Colleges are all co-educational and share common values and philosophies. They offer educational pathways leading to respected universities.
ACG is also part of a worldwide network of schools that are connected to the University of Cambridge through its international examination programme.
ACG offers the best of a challenging and academic education, from kindergarten to university, in an environment where achievement and excellence is celebrated.
Our student-focused approach to education has shaped and defined the core values of ACG.
Learning is the central activity
- ACG supports and encourages thinking and knowledge based on international curricula and assessment
Our students gain international qualifications that are accepted and recognized by respected universities around the world
A student focus
- Assessment of each individual's capabilities forms the basis of skills taught and learning programmes devised
- The teaching method ensures individual attention and helps each student to set learning goals and evaluate achievement
Quality and excellence
- ACG provides a dynamic learning environment that encourages students to enjoy their learning and actively assists them to reach their potential
- Committed, highly trained and caring teachers inspire young people to learn and work together
- A leading educational organisation providing for the academic requirements of international students in New Zealand and elsewhere.
- New Zealand has a tradition of excellence in education, and ACG builds on this, constantly staying at the forefront of international developments.
- Academic Colleges Group’s high schools consistently rank amongst the top New Zealand schools in examinations.
- Keeps class sizes small and places the highest priority on student achievement.
- Provides constant support for the students and monitors their welfare, keeping parents well informed.
- The teachers of Academic Colleges Group are selected through a careful academic screening programme. Only people of the highest caliber who share our vision of excellence are employed.
- The Deans, teachers, academic support staff, and International Centre staff all work together to give each student encouragement, structure and support.
- Comfortable accommodation with convenient access to the chosen college, school or learning centre is a priority for our students.
- The colleges, schools and learning centres that make up Academic Colleges Group operate primarily out of three well-developed and modern facilities.
- New Zealand offers an ideal learning environment and lifestyle for international students.
ACG Parnell College
ACG Parnell College opened in 1998 as one of the first dedicated middle schools in New Zealand. It has developed into a leading school that focuses on the needs of its students. In 2007, an outstanding new purpose-built campus opened its doors to students from Years 1 to 13.
Conveniently located in the Parnell/Newmarket area, a short distance from the Auckland city centre, the School opens onto one of the city's finest and largest parks, the Auckland Domain. The School makes full use of its excellent location with nearby facilities, such as the Parnell tennis Club, Newmarket Olympic Pools and the War Memorial Museum.
ACG Parnell College is housed in a new 10,000 square metre building with superb teaching spaces plus a wide range of specialist facilities, including a gymnasium, a large library, performance spaces for drama, dance, and music, sophisticated art, technology and computer rooms and a modern cafeteria. The ACG Parnell Primary School occupies an adjacent building with full use of the college building's facilities.
- Continuous educational path from Year 1 to Year 13
- An outstanding purpose-built school with a wide range of specialist facilities
- Conveniently situated in Parnell, a popular central area of Auckland
- Easy access to Auckland's bus and train services
- Close to excellent sporting and cultural amenities
- Students wear a casual uniform from Kindergarten to Year 12
ACG Senior School
New Zealand's specialist co-educational senior school
ACG Senior College is amongst New Zealand's top academic schools. From its beginning in 1995 as New Zealand's only specialist pre-university centre, the School has become a focus for outstanding educational success.
City centre location
Located right in the heart of Auckland, ACG Senior College students enjoy the vibrancy and energy of inner-city life. The School is housed in an historic building with easy walking access to art galleries, the Auckland City Library, The University of Auckland and AUT University. The Central Business District, Albert Park, the Aotea Centre, the Town Hall and other performing arts centres all add to the range of activities and areas of interest available to students attending ACG Senior College.
- A specialist pre-university centre with outstanding academic student achievement
- Smaller classes, a longer day and longer lessons contribute to effective student learning
- A wide range of music and performing arts, activity groups and sports teams
- Conveniently situated in the heart of Auckland city
- Over 25 subjects to choose from, including Classical Studies, Graphic Design, History of Art, Painting, Photography and Thinking Skills
- Students wear tidy casual clothing
A spacious campus in a picturesque location
ACG Strathallan is one of the largest private school complexes in New Zealand. Just five minutes from the Southern Motorway, about 30 minutes south of Auckland City, the School sits in a beautiful position bounded by lush green farmland and the stunning Manukau Harbour.
The spacious campus consists of 14.5 hectares and has excellent buildings, sports facilities and playing fields. ACG Strathallan's many outdoor facilities and sporting areas ensure that a complete education is provided. The blend of modern, high-tec learning centres and beautiful coastal countryside, close to the city of Auckland, creates the perfect educational environment.
The large campus is divided into three areas Preschool, Primary School and College. Each area has its own comprehensive premises. The campus also comprises a number of purpose-built facilities with a fully equipped gymnasium, a specialist fine arts, design & technology block, music suites and a performance theatre.
- Continuous educational path from Junior Infant Centre to Year 13
- A spacious campus set in park-like grounds on the beautiful Hingaia Peninsula
- Proven academic and sports successes on an international level
- A wide variety of sporting and extra-curricular activities
- A dedicated school bus transport service covers wide areas of Eastern and Southern Auckland
Students wear a traditional uniform from Kindergarten to Year 12
ACG New Zealand International College
The University of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies has been taught exclusively by ACG New Zealand International College since 1999. To date, over 10,000 students have chosen the Certificate in Foundation Studies programme as a pathway to university.
The Certificate of Foundation Studies is designed to develop essential knowledge and skills in four to five academic subjects, providing a pathway towards the chosen degree. English language skills are developed and extended, as well as critical and independent thinking and the use of communication and information technology as a learning tool.
The University of Auckland was established in 1883 and is New Zealand’s leading university. It is an international centre of learning and academic excellence. Over 38,000 students choose to study at the University each year, of whom over 4,000 are international, from 93 countries.
Graduates from The University of Auckland occupy leading positions in business, law, medicine, politics and the professions, within New Zealand and overseas.
- The University of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies offers guaranteed pathways to The University of Auckland
- The University of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies is recognised by all New Zealand Universities
- The University of Auckland Certificate in Foundation Studies takes 8 to 18 months (three to six terms) to complete, depending on the student’s academic background and level of English
- There are four starting dates per year, in January, May, July and October*
- The curriculum includes core training in English and independent learning skills
- Students select four or five subjects plus English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Subjects available include: Accounting, Economics, Calculus, Statistics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Design, Photography*, Painting*, Music* and Geography*
- A special course in Study and Information Skills prepares students for study atuniversity level.
ACG Norton College
The AUT International Foundation Certificate has been taught exclusively through ACG Norton College since May 2003. The programme has been designed to prepare international students for entry into AUT’s degree programmes by equipping each student with essential subject knowledge, English language training and tertiary study skills.
The AUT International Foundation Certificate is approved and accredited by the New Zealand Vice Chancellors’ Committee and is a recognised New Zealand University Entrance qualification. AUT guarantees university entrance to students whose results in the International Foundation Certificate meet the published standards required for the University’s degree programmes, and who meet other entry requirements for admission to the University.
- AUT International Foundation Certificate offers guaranteed pathways to AUT University for students who meet published entry requirements
- The AUT International Foundation Certificate is recognised by all New Zealand universities
- AUT International Foundation Certificate takes 7 to 15 months (two, three or four trimesters of 12 to 14 weeks each)
- There are three starting dates per year: in January, May and August
- AUT International Foundation Certificate provides focus in specialist areas from the start of the programme
- The curriculum incorporates all the latest developments in its specialist areas
- The curriculum includes core training in English and independent learning skills
No specific courses listed. Please contact us for more information.
New Zealand offers a sample of every possible landscape within a relatively small country, from rolling green farmland to barren volcanic desert areas, from golden beaches with clear blue water to majestic snow-covered mountains. New Zealand is similar in size to the United Kingdom or Japan but the population is only about 3.8 million. Most of the people live in urban areas, so the countryside is very sparsely populated.