Canning College was established in 1982 by the Education Department of Western Australia to provide programs for both local and international students over the age of 16 and have established a strong reputation for providing excellent educational opportunities and services for people hoping to re-enter general education. The success of Canning College's students over the past 20 years can be attributed to the enthusiasm, patience, expertise and experience of the lecturers. The institution has also dedicated a special support program to help students returning to formal education to cope with the demands of study.
The college currently has over 1200 full-time and 1500 part-time students. Out of those enrolling full time students, 50% of them are international students.
The College has a spacious campus located in Perth and is eight kilometers south of the city and right next to the Curtin University of Technology. The campus is also near many shopping centers and public transport can also be easily accessed.
The City of Perth
Perth is the capital and largest city of Western Australia; it is a modern city with a population of about 1.5 million people made out of multiple cultures. The city of Perth enjoys an extensive range of high quality facilities and a relaxed cosmopolitan lifestyle. There are four seasons in Perth, spring, summer, autumn and winter.
Perth also has one of the lowest costs of living compared to other Australian cities; therefore it has attracted many migrants from all over the world.
Why Choose Canning College
- Multi-cultural university style campus
- Great student support services
- Experienced staff and teaching methods
- Small class sizes assure individual attention
- Flexible commencement dates and entry points
- Modern and well equipped facilities including new library and computing centre
- Guaranteed Pathways to second year at Curtin University of Technology and the University of Western Australia though Diploma of Commerce courses
- Guaranteed Pathways to first year university through the WA Universities' Foundation Program and Curtin Stream Foundation
Year 12 level
- Year 12 - Western Australian
- Universities' Foundation Program (WAUFP)
- Year 12 Western Australia Certificate of Education (WACE)
- Alternate Year 12 Pathway Program (WACE)
Year 11 Level
- Year 11/40 Week Bridging Program
- 18 Week Bridging Program
- 15 Week Bridging Program
- 10 Week Bridging Program
- 8 Week Bridging Program
- Flying Start Bridging to Year 12
- Certificate IV in Commerce
- Diploma of Commerce (UWA Stream)
- Diploma of Commerce (Curtin)
No specific courses listed. Please contact us for more information.
Australia is a continent situated between the Indian and Pacific Ocean. It is a land endowed with mountain ranges, vast grazing plains, tropical forests, barren deserts, golden and sandy beaches, treacherous rocks and coral reefs. Australia's spectacular natural environment attracts millions of tourists every year.