Kutztown University comprises of four colleges - Business, Education, Liberal Arts and Sciences and Visual and Performing Arts. The University offers a diverse range of excellent academic programs to prepare individuals for successful careers.
Located on 325 acres in Kutztown (population:4,500), the university is 20 miles from both Reading and Allentown, 90 miles from Philadelphia and 100 miles from New York City. LVI International Airport is 25 minutes from campus. The campus is in a beautiful rural Pennsylvania Dutch community, an easy walk from the borough of Kutztown which has ample stores and shops to meet the needs of students.
Kutztown University has provided quality education for 142 years. It has one of the most ethnically, racially, and culturally diverse student bodies in the Pennsylvania Stat System of Higher Education, and recent physical growth has positioned the campus to meet the demands of the 21st century. New academic facilities include a science center that houses modern labs and state-of-the art research equipment, and a new high-the academic forum building studios and computer labs were also added to the art center.
Kutztown University is small enough to be personal but large enough to have influence in the wider world. The university is technologically advanced- a truly modern learning facility that features smart classrooms and lecture halls designed to serve the needs of students competing in the information age. All residence halls are wired for internet and campus network access.
About the Town
Consisting of approximately 4,500 residents, Kutztown is a small borough rich in history. Located in the beautiful rural Pennsylvania Dutch land of Berks County, Kutztown provides students and visitors wonderful festivals to enjoy, trails to hike, ample stores and shops, and so much more.
Kutztown University combines all the advantage of a campus-based university with proximity to two of America's most important and interesting cities. Historic Philadelphia is home to the renowned Liberty Bell and a rich heritage of cultural monuments, while the bright lights of New York City are just 2 hours away by road. The Lehigh Valley International Airport in Allentown is approximately 45 minutes by car and has a busy schedule of flights direct to major cities all over the country as well as connector flights to Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
Why choose Kutztown University
- Approximately 75% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, or student employment.
- Classes and labs are taught by professors, not graduate assistants.
- Princeton Review calls Kutztown University of Pennsylvania one of the best universities in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- CIO magazine of the information technology industry listed Kutztown University as one of the top 100 organizations in the world for IT efficiency.
- Communication Design
- Electronic Media
- Master of Arts (Mental Health Counseling / Couples, Marital and Family / Child / Adolescent Counseling)
- Studio Art
- Master of Business Administration
- Art Education
- Master of Education
- Secondary Education (Certification programs)
- Medical Technology
- Information Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Digital Classroom Technology
- General Studies
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Social Work
- Public Administration
- Social Work
- Software Development
- Speech Communication
- Teacher Certification (Post Baccalaureate)
- Environmental Science
- Library Science
- Marine Science
- Master of Library Science
- Master of Science (Computer Science or Information Technology / Electronic Media / Nursing)
- Political Science
- Leisure and Sport Studies
United States of America, a federal republic consists of 50 states. All the states lie in the mainland expect Alaska and Hawaii Islands. Alaska lies next to North West Canada and Hawaii, 3700 km off the west coast of the mainland.