University of Wisconsin Eau Claire
Founded in 1916, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire continues to build its national reputation based on the achievements of its students and faculty. As one of the Midwest's top public universities, UW-Eau Claire provides students with small classes led by talented professors, cutting-edge programs, hands-on research and life-enhancing study abroad opportunities.
UW-Eau Claire has 11 residence halls that overlook the Chippewa River and are surrounded by scenic views and natural trails. All rooms on campus are smoke-free, and substance-free wings are available. All halls have a 24-hour-access computer lab, study lounge, exercise room, kitchen, TV lounge and laundry room.
IUW-Eau Claire offers a range of support services to all students. Whether you would like to seek career advice, have problems with your studies, need health care or want to find out about social opportunties, they are there to help you make the best of your time at UW-Eau Claire. UW-Eau Claire also offers more than 200 clubs and organizations to match just about every interest. At UW-Eau Claire, you will have plenty of opportunities to explore majors, career options and career-related experiences.
The City of Eau Claire
Western Wisconsin's largest city, Eau Claire is located 145 kilometers east of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area. Named for its clear water, Eau Claire has a population of 65,000 people and is consistently ranked as one of the safest cities in the United States.
Whether you're looking for natural beauty or shopping, Eau Claire has it all. Scenic rivers, lakes, parks and bike trails offer countless outdoor activities. Fantastic restaurants, vibrant cultural festivals and live music abound. Local shopping centers and medical facilities also attract locals and visitors alike. You can visit the Paul Bunyan Logging Camp, take in an art exhibit or theater production, catch a baseball game, listen to outdoor concerts at Phoenix or Owen Park, or just take a leisurely bike ride along the Chippewa River Trail.
Why choose UW-Eau Claire
- UW-Eau Claire consistently has earned citations in U.S.News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" guide, which recently ranked UW-Eau Claire No. 6 among the top public regional universities in the Midwest.
- The Princeton Review has named UW-Eau Claire a 2010 Best Midwestern College and one of the Best Value Colleges for 2009.
- In its 2009-10 rankings based on academic quality, overall costs and financial aid availability, Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine includes UW-Eau Claire among its 100 best values in public colleges.
- Combine classroom knowledge with hands-on experiences
- Prepare students for the diverse demands of graduate school or their first job
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- Theatre Arts
- Business Administration
- Business Economics
- Business Finance
- International Business
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Education-K-12 and Middle/Secondary
- Master of Education-Professional Development (MEPD)
- Specialist in Education(EDS) - School Psychology
- Environmental Public Health
- Health Care Administration
- Spanish for Health Professions
- Art History
- Master of Arts in Teaching(MAT) - History
- Master of Arts(MA) - English/History
- Information Systems
- Criminal Justice
- American Indian Studies
- Ancient Studies
- Athletic Training
- Environment,Society,and Culture
- Family Studies
- Global Studies
- Language Studies
- Latin American Studies
- Liberal Studies
- Mass Communication
- Middle East Studies
- Religious Studies
- Russia and East European
- Social Work
- Women's Studies
- Actuarial Science
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Computational Science
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Health Science, Pre-professional
- Library Science
- Marine Science
- Master of Science in Education(MSE) - School Psychology/Special Education
- Master of Science in Nursing(MSN)
- Master of Science in Teaching(MST) - Elementary Education/English/History/History/Social Science/Reading
- Master of Science(MS) - Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Matrials Science
- Political Science
United States of America, a federal republic consists of 50 states. All the states lie in the mainland expect Alaska and Hawaii Islands. Alaska lies next to North West Canada and Hawaii, 3700 km off the west coast of the mainland.