The University of Newcastle Australia
The University of Newcastle is a research-intensive instituition with an exceptional record of achievement. It is a leader in university education, with a reputation for high quality teaching and learning, and exciting, contemporary acamedic programs.
Currently, it is ranked among the top 1% of the world's universities.
The UON 2025 Vision
Uon stands as a global leader distinguished by a a commitment to equity and excellence and to creating a better future for its regions through a focus on innovation and impact.
- Equity and Social Justice: We provide opportunities for people with ability, regardless of their background and experiences. We lead in providing education for indigenous Australians.
- Excellence: We deliver the highest quality in everything we do and benchmark ourselves against the world's best.
- Engagement: Our staff, students and alumni are a resource for our whole community. We are partners and collaborators in world-class research, teaching and learning, and our skilled graduatees contribute to our regions, Australia and the world.
- Innovation: We challenge standard practice and received wisdom. We are world leaders in generating new knowledge and translating innovative ideas into real benefits to society.
- Integrity: We are open, ethical, rigorous and commited to the highest standards in academic enquiry, We are champions of academic freedom and professional responsibility.
- Sustainability: We are leaders in environmental sustainability, We make significant contribution to the economic, social and environmental capacity of our communities.
Faculty & Schools
1. Faculty of Business and Law
2. Faculty of Education and Arts
3. Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
4. Faculty of Health and Medicine
5. Faculty of Science
6. English Language and Foundation Studies Centre
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan us only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle. Our campus is a wonderful mix of award winning, architecturally designed buildings and world-class infrastructure scattered over 140 hectares of natural bushland. We have a reputation for having one of the most naturally beautiful campuses in Australia and we work hard to protect it.
We are equipping our campus with infrastructure that will meet the needs of our students, staff and researchers well into the future. Our ongoing investment in state-of-the-art buildings and facilities will attract the best and brightest students, researchers, academic and professional staff. A campus-wide, fibre optic network provides excellent access to specialist and public online services.
Life on Campus
Campus life is full and a broad range of services are on offer.
Our fantastic sporting facilities include a 50m indoor heated pool, an 18m climbing wall (the second highest in Australia), a fully equipped gymnasium, martial arts/aerobic studios and two competition indoor courts.
We have a wide selection of food, beverage and retail outlets - including our famous Bar on the Hill - and throughout the year, various social and cultural events on campus bring students, staff and the broader Newcastle community together.
Callaghan is a great place to work, study, relax and enjoy all that university life has to offer
- Bachelor of Design (Architecture)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music
- Diploma in Languages
Arts & Design
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Industrial Design
- Bachelor of Visual Communication Design
Biological/Biomedical Science & Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- Bachelor of Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Building) (Honours)
- Bachelor of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety
- Bachelor of Technology (Renewable Energy Systems)
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Communication
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Chemical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Computer Systems)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Environmental)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechatronics)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mining Transfer Program)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Surveying)
- Bachelor of Medical Engineering
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- Associate Degree of Integrated Care in Ageing
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Diagnostic Radiography)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Nuclear Medicine)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Radiation Therapy)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Podiatry
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Social Work (Honours)
- Bachelor of Aboriginal Professional Practice
- Bachelor of Natural History Illustration
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Oral Health Therapy
- Bachelor of Mathematics
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management
- Bachelor of Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Science
Sports Science & Management
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science
Australia is a continent situated between the Indian and Pacific Ocean. It is a land endowed with mountain ranges, vast grazing plains, tropical forests, barren deserts, golden and sandy beaches, treacherous rocks and coral reefs. Australia's spectacular natural environment attracts millions of tourists every year.