Eynesbury College is the largest international college in South Australia. It is the exclusive provider of the South Australian universities’ Foundation Studies Program and offers Senior High School (Years 10, 11 and 12) and English language programs (ELICOS).
As an academically oriented senior secondary college with local and international students, Eynesbury provides an excellent environment for Foundation Studies and Senior High School students to prepare for academic study in Australia.
Eynesbury comprises the Eynesbury College and the Eynesbury Institute of Business and Technology. These centres of specialisation, including the Eynesbury College Academy of English, cater for both local and international students and offer the most comprehensive range of programs and educational pathways to tertiary studies at The University of Adelaide, the University of South Australia or Flinders University.
Eynesbury has an impressive success record in terms of student results: for example:
- 96% of Eynesbury's Year 12 students typically receive places at University.
- The only survey of Year 12 results ever published in Adelaide 's local newspaper, The Advertiser, was on 29 March 1997 and stated "Within the Private Schools sector the two institutions with the largest number of students and the best tertiary entrance strike rates were Eynesbury College with 96%".
- 50% of Eynesbury's Year 12 graduates from 2000-2003 were in the top 12% of all Year 12 graduates throughout Australia.
- Eynesbury teachers are among the most highly qualified and experienced in South Australia . They are personally selected by the Eynesbury Directors, who are themselves former Chief Examiners or Supervising Examiners for the Senior Secondary Assessment Board of South Australia (SSABSA). Other reasons for the success of our students is that we have state-of-the-art facilities , that class sizes at Eynesbury are small - they average 20 - and the teachers are very approachable and readily available outside of class for one-to-one tutoring.
- Three times in the previous 5 years an Eynesbury Year 12 student has achieved a perfect score (20/20) in 5 or more subjects in the South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) examinations. In any year, typically no more than 8 students in the state receive a perfect score.
Eynesbury is located in the capital city of Adelaide , which in our opinion offers international students the best and most cost-effective environment in Australia for further study. Moreover, the campuses are right in the centre of the Adelaide CBD , close to all major facilities and close to two of Adelaide 's three universities.
Adelaide offers a quality array of educational, entertainment, cultural and sports facilities. A warm, welcoming and environmentally friendly city, it is amongst Australia’s least expensive capital cities in which to live. Adelaide combines interest, creativity and liveliness with a safe and pleasant environment. It is ideal for an academically and personally rewarding study experience.
Adelaide’s good weather suits an outdoor lifestyle. The climate is often described as Mediterranean, with four seasons including cool to cold winters (no snow) and hot dry summers.
The hottest months are January and February and the coldest is July. The average maximum summer temperature is 29 degrees celsius, although each year brings one or two hot spells in excess of 35 degrees celsius. Most rain falls in winter, when the average maximum temperature is 16 degrees celsius.
Adelaide is a unique and truly multicultural city, forged by Australians from a diverse range of ethnic backgrounds. Places of worship for most faiths are available, including mosques,synagogues, Buddhist and Bahai temples and a wide range of Christian churches. There is diversity inthe cuisine as well, with every taste catered for by the range of restaurants, bistros, outdoor cafes and other food outlets located throughout the city and suburbs. Adelaide’s Central Market is internationally known for its lively atmosphere and high-quality produce.
Eynesbury College and Eynesbury Institute are located separately in the centre of the city of Adelaide. Both buildings are a 2 minute walk from the Central Market and China Town. Eynesbury is approximately a 15 minute walk from the main campuses of The University of Adelaide and the University of South Australia and a 20 minute drive from Flinders University.
- Diploma of Arts (Media & Communication)
- Certificate IV in Business
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Computing and Information Technology
- University Foundation Program
- Years 10,11, 12 Senior Secondary
Australia is a continent situated between the Indian and Pacific Ocean. It is a land endowed with mountain ranges, vast grazing plains, tropical forests, barren deserts, golden and sandy beaches, treacherous rocks and coral reefs. Australia's spectacular natural environment attracts millions of tourists every year.