Queen Ethelburga College
Why Choose QE?
Queen Ethelburga's Collegiate Foundation comprises four schools and a kindergarten, each with its unique qualities, while sharing a common purpose of providing students with a first class education and the opportunity to work towards higher education and a successful career.
The strong academic standards across the Foundation and encourage students to have high expectations for their achievement and career prospects. With the wide curriculum available, students are able to pursue their individual interests and aspirations across a range of fields, alongside a vast array of extra-curricular opportunities which enable students to widen their experience and gain both skills and confidence.
- Established in 1912 - a Century ago.
- Daily Telegram and The Times both rank QE College as the top day and boarding school on the North for A*/A grades at A-Level and equivalent results. College students achieved the equivalent of over 4A Grades at A-Level.
- Faculty of Queen Ethelburga's - ranked by Daily Telegraph and The TImes the second day and boarding school in the North for A*/A grades at A-Level adn equivalent results. An unrivalled choice of academic and vocational courses - even with non-selective entry at Year 10, and minimum requirement of 4 C grades at GCSE to join the Sixth Form, on average, Faculty Sith Form students still achieve the equivalent of virtually 4 A Grades at A-Level in UCAS points.
- First class reputation for superb results and care.
- Boarding - the best in UK and Europe. All bedrooms have phone, large plama TV & DVD player with PS3, (on-timer), mini-kitchen, firdge, internet, air-conditioning, private shower and toilet.
- Study programmes tailor-made to the individual needs of each student.
- Access to a vast array of extra-curricular activities.
- NEW £18m superb Sports Village.
- £280m invested in new resources and facilities during the last 8 years.
- Courses to suit students with a wide range of abilities.
- Choice of 25 different A-Levels and voccational BTECs.
- Friendly and supportive atmosphere atmosphere helps students to excel.
- Accredited: ISC, ISA, BSA, BHS, British Council, ECS, QISAN.
The Schools that make up the Collegiate
For young children from 3 months to 3 years of age, the Kindergarten provides a nurturing environment where babies and toddlers can begin to systematically investigate the world around them.
For boys and girls from 3 to 10 years of age, Chapter House lays the foundations of a good education with a strong emphasis on core subjects and a stimulating, wider curriculum to excite the interests of young learners.
For students from 10 to 14, the Middle School seeks to maintain the joy of learning by providing a wide and interesting curriculum pursued with a high level of focus, whilst also introducing a comprehensive range of activities and leadership opportunities.
For students from 14 to 19, the College follows a traditional curriculum of GCSEs and ALevels for students who are looking for pace and academic rigour, and who have high aspirations for university, either in the UK or abroad.
For students from 14 to 19 the Faculty offers a wider curriculum, including academic, creative and vocational options, for those who are looking for a more individual approach to course selection and a supportive environment in which to learn.
- 100% overall pass rate for its Year 13 pupils
- College A* rates increased by 9%.
- Percentage of grades at A* and A rose to 80%, a rise of 4%.
- A*-B grades have risen to 96%
- 88% of BTECs were awarded a Distinction* or Distinction grade – equivalent to A* and A grades at A-Level.
In the 2014 Daily Telegraph league tables the Faculty is placed 2nd in the North of England's day and boarding schools.
It is so satisfying to know that the success of our schools is down to the fact that we assess each student individually so that we can find something at which he or she really excels. Our teachers work very closely with our pupils from the moment they arrive to make sure we support them with their subject choices, university applications and career aspirations.
- A Levels
- Year 6 -9
UK Education offers independent thinking, give you the freedom to develop your ideas, make discoveries and develop real skills that employers are looking for. UK has produced more than 100 Nobel Prize winners, a testimonial that UK graduates are at the forefront of the creative and research industries With many renowned ancient Universities such Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, UK is one of the most popular destination for further education for students all over the world.