The University of Vermont - ISC
The University of Vermont combines faculty-student relationships most commonly found in a small liberal arts college with the resources of a major research institution. The university is home to 9,970 undergraduates, 1,317 graduate students, 454 medical students and 1,364 full- and part-time faculty.
What makes UVM special?
- Top-flight academics with choices — 100 majors to choose from;
- Graduates who get jobs — 85% are satisfied or very satisfied with their jobs one year after graduation;
- Accessible faculty who are experts in their fields — 92% of full-time faculty hold a Ph.D. or the highest degree in their field;
- A fun campus life, rife with activities and events — more than 170 campus organizations keep things lively;
- You'll get that college experience here — superior academics on one of the most beautiful, historic campuses in the country, located in one of the most loved towns in America.
International students will get an excellent American college experience at the University of Vermont - superior academics on one of the most beautiful, historic campuses in the USA, located in the safe and liveable small city of Burlington.
Situated in the heart of the quaint city of Burlington, the 460-acre University campus is walking distance from:
- downtown core of Burlington - restaurants, pubs, coffee shops, art galleries, entertainment
- Lake Champlain - one of northeast USA's most stunning natural preserves. 587 miles of shoreline within the state of Vermont, and the edge of New York state and Canada. The lake measures 12 miles across at its widest.
- 3 sandy beaches
- one of the oldest minor league baseball parks
When you join the International Study Center, you will live and learn on the University of Vermont campus. Your Year 1 classes, dining hall, and housing are all in the eastern area of campus (called the Athletic campus, because manysport facilities are located there), within a short walk, bike, or bus shuttle ride to all other parts of the University of Vermont's campus.
About the International Study Center at University of Vermont
The International Study Center is a dedicated facility for international students on the University campus. Offering pathways to a US University degree, the Center is designed to help international students adjust to the US University system and thrive at the University of Vermont.
Degree pathways for international students
- English for Academic Purposes
- Global Gateway Program
- Direct entry to an undergraduate degree
At the International Study Center, students receive English language support and academic courses taught by University of Vermont faculty. The International Study Center also offers help with cultural adjustment and developing effective study skills, and provides the support services international students need when they study away from home.
International Study Center mission
Study Group's International Study Centers are committed to providing our students with the skills, knowledge, and perspectives needed to take maximum advantage of the unlimited opportunities for success and achievement offered by a global education through strong university partnerships.
US bachelor's degree pathway: Global Gateway Program
The Global Gateway Program offers the best preparation for academic success at the University of Vermont. International students can join this specialized program that combines English training with academic credit.
- 2-term or 3-term international student pathway
- Choice of 100 undergraduate degrees at University of Vermont
- No TOEFL or IELTS required (take the Password Test instead)
- No SAT score required
- Progression to Year 2 degree entry on completion
Ranking and accreditation: top 100 University
The University of Vermont is a top 100 university in the USA, and is known as a "public ivy" with world-class faculty.
University of Vermont is highly ranked year after year in the major US and worldwide university ranking publications:
- Top 350 World's Top Universities
- Top 550 Best Universities in the world
- Top 200 Best Agriculture / Forestry programs worldwide
- Top 100 national university ranking: #82
- Top 50 public universities in America: #34
- BS Business Administration
- BS Civil Engineering
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Engineering Management
- BS Environmental Engineering
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Athletic Training
- BS Dietetics
- BS Nuclear Medicine Technology
- BS Nutrition and Food Sciences
Media & Communication
- BA Film and Television Studies
- BS Public Communication
- BA Biology
- BA Geography
- BA or BS Chemistry
- BS Neuroscience
United States of America, a federal republic consists of 50 states. All the states lie in the mainland expect Alaska and Hawaii Islands. Alaska lies next to North West Canada and Hawaii, 3700 km off the west coast of the mainland.