INTO New York at Drew University
Consisting of the College of Liberal Arts, the Drew Theological School and the Caspersen School of Graduate Studies, Drew University has a total enrollment of 2,369 students.
The Theological and Caspersen schools offer degrees at the M.A. and Ph.D. levels, while the College annually confers B.A. degrees in 30 different disciplines.
Located in the picturesque and friendly borough of Madison, New Jersey, Drew’s 186 acre, wooded campus is within walking distance of the Madison train station, which offers direct service to Midtown Manhattan’s New York Penn Station. The university is known for its small class sizes and personal attention to students. Ninety-four percent of Drew’s full-time faculty members hold terminal degrees in their areas of expertise, which makes high-quality mentorship the hallmark of a Drew education.
UNDERGRADUATE PATHWAYS AND ACADEMIC ENGLISH
INTO New York at Drew's Undergraduate Pathway programs are ideal for international students who need additional English language and academic preparation before continuing to a degree program at a US university.
Academic English is an intensive English program for students who want to become confident English speakers before enrolling in a Pathway program or applying directly to Drew University.
WHY STUDY AT INTO NEW YORK AT DREW?
- Take the first steps toward earning a degree at a top American university
- Study on a safe, picturesque and friendly campus just outside of New York City
- Explore new sights and have new experiences with friends from all over the US and world
- Learn in small classes from full-time professors that are dedicated to each student
- Enjoy all of the facilities, amenities and resources that Drew offers
- Earn academic credits that apply toward Drew University, other New York area universities or other INTO North American university partners’ degree programs
- Upon successful completion of a Pathway program, progress to a degree program at Drew University or other partner universities
ABOUT MADISON, NEW JERSEY
Located approximately 45 minutes outside of midtown Manhattan, and with a population of 16,000, Madison provides a safe and beautiful suburban atmosphere as well as all of the opportunities that come with having New York City close by.
INTO NEW YORK AT DREW UNIVERSITY HAS IT ALL!
Conveniently located just a short train ride from midtown Manhattan, the town of Madison, New Jersey is known for its lively downtown full of dozens of shops and restaurants and its own historic district.
In addition to its proximity to New York City, Morris County provides one of the largest concentrations of corporate headquarters and research centers in the US. And just an hour away are beaches on the Jersey shore, the Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge and the Pocono Mountains, which offer skiing and other outdoor recreation.
INTO New York at Drew 2+2 Pathway program
INTO New York at Drew University offers international students an innovative 2+2 Pathway program. Students complete the first two years of academic and English language coursework in an Undergraduate Pathway program through INTO New York at Drew University. Successful students will then be eligible to progress to a degree program at Drew or enroll at an affiliate institution to complete their degree.
YEARS 1 AND 2: INTO NEW YORK AT DREW UNDERGRADUATE PATHWAY
INTO New York at Drew’s Undergraduate Pathway program combines intensive language study, academic skills development and academic coursework in a program designed to move students successfully through the first two years of their four-year degree program of study in the United States.
YEARS 3 AND 4: CONTINUE STUDYING AT DREW OR TRANSFER TO ANOTHER US UNIVERSITY
Upon successful completion of Year 2 at INTO New York at Drew University and depending on courses achieved, you may progress to a degree program at Drew University—and take advantage of the elite liberal arts education, semesters in the city and short-term international programs—or you may choose to finish your degree at one of many well-known US universities.
PARTNER UNIVERSITIES IN THE NEW YORK AREA
- Columbia University
- New york Institute of Technoology
- Rowan University
- Seton Hall University
INTO'S PARTNER UNIVERSITIES THROUGHOUT THE US
- Oregon State University
- Colorado State University
- Marshall University
- George Mason University
- University of South Florida
Key University Facts
- Founded: 1867
- Total student enrollment: 2,019
- Average class size: 17 students
- Male-to-female ratio: 2:3
- Faculty with terminal degrees: 98%
- Faculty who teach undergraduates: 100%
- Classes taught by graduate assistants: 0
- Campus size: 750,000 square meters
- Undergraduate Pathway in the Arts
- Undergraduate Pathway in Business
- Undergraduate Pathway in Pre-Engineering
- Undergraduate Pathway in Humanities and Social Sciences
United States of America, a federal republic consists of 50 states. All the states lie in the mainland expect Alaska and Hawaii Islands. Alaska lies next to North West Canada and Hawaii, 3700 km off the west coast of the mainland.