INTO Oregon State University
Oregon State University
Oregon State is a leading research university located in one of the safest, smartest, greenest small cities in the nation. Situated 90 miles south of Portland, and an hour from the Cascades or the Pacific Coast, Corvallis is the perfect home base for exploring Oregon’s natural wonders.
Oregon State welcomes a diverse student body of over 26,000 students from across Oregon, all 50 states and more than 100 countries. They can choose from more than 200 undergraduate and more than 80 graduate degree programs,including over 30 degrees online offered through Oregon State Ecampus. Oregon State increasingly attracts high-achieving students, with nationally recognized programs in areas such as conservation biology, agricultural sciences, nuclear engineering, forestry, fisheries and wildlife management, community health, pharmacy and zoology
Pathway and English language programs
INTO OSU's Undergraduate and Graduate Pathway programs are ideal for international students who need additional English language and academic preparation before continuing to a degree program at a US university.
INTO OSU's English language programs are for students who want to become confident English speakers by studying at a US university.
Why study at INTO OSU?
INTO OSU's academic Pathway and English language programs provide the highest quality preparation for your undergraduate and graduate study.
- Take the first steps toward earning a US university degree at one of America's top-ranked research universities
- Study in one of the friendliest, safest, and greenest towns in the US
- Live, learn and have fun with university students from all 50 US states and nearly 100 countries
- Enjoy full access to all university resources, services and facilities
- Have small classes taught by university instructors
- Earn academic credits that apply toward OSU degree programs
- Receive personalized academic advising throughout any program of study
- Progress to an OSU degree program upon successful completion of a Pathway
Where is Corvallis and INTO OSU located?
- Corvallis is just 90 minutes (135 km) away by car from Portland, Oregon's largest city and cultural center.
- Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles and other US West Coast destinations are easily accessible by plane, train or car.
- Portland International Airport offers nonstop service to cities across the US, including major international gateways such as Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago and Washington D.C., plus nonstop service to Tokyo and Amsterdam.
- OSU is one of only 40 public universities with "Tier 1 - very high research activity and community engagement" designations (Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching).
- Ranked #69 in the US and #152 worldwide out of 1,200+ ranked (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2012, Shanghai Jiao Tong University)
- One of the "Best in the West" (The Princeton Review, 2012)
- Among 21 public university Best Buys in the US, Canada and Great Britain (Fiske Guide to Colleges, 2014)
- Among the top 25 largest Engineering programs in the US
- OSU welcomes a diverse student body of over 26,000 students from all 50 US states and more than 100 countries
- Highly-ranked programs in Engineering, Science, and Business
Key University Facts-
- Founded - 1868
- Enrollment - 27,925 (Undergraduate - 23,161;Graduate - 4,764)
- International students - 3,401
- Faculty - 4,058
- Colleges - 12 (College of Agricultural Sciences,College of Business,College of Engineering,College of Earth,Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences,College of Education,College of Engineering,College of Forestry,College of Liberal Arts,College of Pharmacy, College of Public Health and Human Sciences, College of Science, College of Vet Medicine, University Honors College.)
- Undergraduate Pathway in Exercise and Sport Science
- Graduate Pathway in Business
- Undergradute Pathway in Business
- Graduate Pathway in Chemical Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Civil Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Construction and Engineering Management
- Graduate Pathway in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Industrial Engineering
- Graduate Pathway in Mechanical Engineering
- Undergraduate Pathway in Engineering
- Undergraduate Pathway in General Studies
- Undergraduate Pathway in General Studies - Liberal Arts
- Undergraduate Pathway in Science
United States of America, a federal republic consists of 50 states. All the states lie in the mainland expect Alaska and Hawaii Islands. Alaska lies next to North West Canada and Hawaii, 3700 km off the west coast of the mainland.