The Diploma Pathway - Pathway to the 2nd year at Reputable Universities
What is a Diploma Pathway Program?
A fast track 9 month Diploma program to prepare students for 2nd year entry into reputable Universities.
The Diploma course is a full-time academic program that is equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate degree. Successful completion of the Diploma program will lead to 2nd year entry into a relevant undergraduate degree at the affiliated University.
Specialized subject routes include Business, Engineering, Information Technology, etc.
Equivalent to the First Year of an Undergraduate Degree
The Diploma pathway course requires students to study the same or similar subjects to the first year of a related undergraduate degree. In order to help you succeed, class sizes are much smaller and you are in a highly supportive environment with the academic tutor working with you to ensure that you will progress to the 2nd year of the undergraduate degree seamlessly. Students are given additional support in English as well as in the chosen degree track, which is typically in business or engineering.
Course Curriculum for a Diploma Pathway Program
A typical week will have 20 lessons in the forms of lectures, workshops, tutorial or self-directed studies. In the Diploma course, you are required to take 6 to 8 subjects similar to those studied by 1st year undergraduate degree students.
Typical modules for a Business Diploma course:
- Business Studies
- Organisation Behaviour
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Quantitative Methods
- Language and Study Skills
Depending on the University that the Diploma is affiliated with, there may be some variation to the above such as more finance, accountancy, etc modules.
Who Should Apply for a Diploma Program?
- A levels students seeking pathway entry to Top Universities
- Diploma holders from Polytechnic seeking pathway entry to Top Universities
- Diploma holders from Private Institutions
Advantages of a Diploma Program?
- *Full University Status (for Diploma Programs Held at a University)
- *Access to University Library
- Quality Assured University Program
- Multiple Start Dates in Jan and Sept
Those starting in January typically can complete in August in time for Year 2 entry in September
- High Level of Personal Care and Support
- Study Only the Relevant Subjects
- Small Class and Individual Attention
- Highly Supportive Study Environment to Enable Swift Progression
*Subject to Provider
Different Types of Diploma Providers:
Diploma Programs Provided in Colleges
- Smaller classes
- No particular affiliation to Universities
- Pastoral care
Diploma Providers in the UK
Diploma Programs Provided in Universities
- Conducted on the University's premises
- Partnership with the University
- Use of the University's facilities
- Accommodation in the University
Diploma Providers in the UK
Diploma Providers in Australia